Everyone has heard the saying “a picture is worth a thousand words”. In times of coronavirus, with everyone in quarantine, companies are needing to print various materials to disseminate new guidelines to employees and customers about the precautions that should be taken during visits to supermarkets, pharmacies, and hospitals, for example. Another demand that continues to rise is the printing of notices, signs at points of sale, and explanatory brochures that accompany the products.
In addition, an increase in print volume is expected after the isolation period, as the corporate market will need quality customized materials to catch the attention of consumers when the containment measures for COVID-19 are relaxed. Estimates show that more than 30% of retail revenue comes from items created to order for customers. In this scenario, the printing industry has advanced its offers to meet the demand, developing equipment that allows companies to customize materials of the most varied types with optimized costs.
But to get the best impression while making the most of your resources, you need to use the equipment and supplies correctly. For this, we list the main steps for companies to achieve this goal:
- Choose your printers carefully – Each device has its characteristics and user settings. So, the first tip is simple: before buying, always assess which printers are the best for the jobs your company needs to perform. In addition, it is essential to look for credible suppliers who can offer adequate support to your doubts and needs.
- Check the source of the supplies used – Always use original supplies specific to your equipment. They are designed to optimize printer performance and improve the quality level. Also, be aware of the condition of materials – very old supplies can disrupt systems vital to the correct flow of toner, compromising the overall result.
- Properly service equipment – It is important to ensure that drums and toners are prepared to operate at high performance. This is an essential precaution to avoid, among other things, crumpled sheets, jammed paper, misaligned print lines, and more. Many of the assessments and improvements can now be done digitally on the printers themselves, especially on new generation equipment, with a remote connection, or through the digital interfaces available on the equipment. The disassembly and advanced correction processes must always be carried out by specialized professionals. It is best to look for authorized partners for this type of service with the supplier.
- Pay attention to the type of paper – It’s not just the toner that needs to be quality. Choosing the type of paper is also vital to get the best impression. Prefer materials with certifications of quality and origin.
- Save materials in the most suitable versions and use the right settings for each type of print – Paying attention to production standards and saving digital images and files is necessary for a good print. Pay attention to the adjustment of the color pattern and the correct configuration of the printers. Remember to put the machine into high-resolution print mode whenever necessary. Another detail is to ensure that the image resolution is, in fact, adequate for the printing proposal.
With these precautions, it is possible to use the full potential of the printers and guarantee high-performance results. The industry already offers versatile equipment for the production of differentiated parts with agility and economy, in different types and weights of media and differentials such as the use of White and Clear Toner, even in low print runs. A good image makes all the difference!